The minimum requirement is a Grade 12 certification for learners to complete this course.
Should you not hold this certificate, please contact the office for further instruction and information.
The National Certificate in Fitness is a 1 year full-time programme that is aimed at developing the complete fitness professional.
SAQA ID 67693 (NQF level 5)
Total Credits: 137
This qualification includes 4 competency milestones allowing for early employment and access into the fitness industry:
- Fitness Instructor
- Group Exercise to Music (Aerobics)
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- CPR AED
Lectures are run daily from Monday to Thursday while Fridays are reserved for practical tasks and outings to various fitness/ sports science facilities.
• Concepts of health, fitness and wellness
• Anatomy and Biomechanics
• Client Screening
• Fitness Assessments
• Exercise programme design
• Cardiovascular Exercise Prescription
• Resistance Training and equipment orientation
• Stretching and Flexibility
• Postural Stabilizers
• Special Populations
• Closed Working Environment
• Sports Nutrition
• Sports Injuries
• Communication and Business Skills / entrepreneurship