The minimum requirement is a Grade 12 certification for learners to complete this course.
Should you not hold this certificate, please contact the office for further instruction and information.
If you have a passion for Fitness and Training and a desire to help others, then this is the course for you. The course has both practical and theoretical components aimed at turning you into a top- class Professional Trainer; the material is current and founded on scientifically based practice and theory.
After successfully completing the theory and practical modules and assessments, the learner will be competent and eligible to practice as a Personal Fitness Trainer, designing and developing objective based training programs for apparently health individuals as well as certain special population groups.
Total Credits: 86
NQF Level: 5
- Client Screening
- Fitness Assessment
- Results Tabulation and Prescriptions Methodology
- Cardiovascular Exercise prescription and Theory
- Resistance Training
- Postural Stabilizers
- Special Populations – Aged, Arthritis, Cardiac Rehab, HIV
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Sports Nutrition and Sports Injuries
- Communication and Business Skill
- Written examination
- Case Study
- Practical examination
- Tasks allocated in the Portfolio of Evidence
- Observation hours
- Pass Mark 60%