Leaving school can be a scary thing… there are millions of things I wish someone told me before graduating from high school, but all you need to remember are these 5 important points:
- Always be unapologetically yourself! You can never be reminded of this enough. You are you and be proud of that no matter what everyone else thinks and always remember where you came from and your values.
- Be safe, but most importantly be smart! This may seem like common sense but life always puts obstacles in your way to make you a better, stronger person. Make good decisions. Always think before you act and never be afraid to ask for help.
- Go to class, study and work hard! Your time is precious and you have such a vast knowledge right at your fingertips; use it wisely and to your advantage.
- Try out new things! How many people can honestly say they knew what they wanted to do before leaving school…..? Try new things you never thought possible; you might just find your niche and finding this is the most important thing to life because as Steve Jobs once said: “The only way to do great work is to love what you do”.
- The most important of all I wish someone told me was “Don’t worry (Too much)”! Yes time is precious and it’s important to find what you love but you will be afraid and that’s normal. Life is an adventure and being afraid means you challenging yourself. Life always has a way of falling into place but only if you put in the hard work, be kind and ask for help.
Go out and love what you do.
National Certificate in Fitness